Thinking of Making a Move? Think Iowa City!
Whether you’re considering moving back to Iowa City, moving here for the first time or even just moving down the street, there are tons of reasons why Iowa City is an amazing place to live.
As your Senior Living oasis in Iowa City, we at Melrose Meadows are proud to share this fabulous post by Movoto Real Estate, entitled “30 Things You Need To Know About Iowa City Before You Move There”. Even those of us who were born and raised in the area learned something new!
30 Things You Need To Know About Iowa City Before You Move There
It’s smart, cultured, literary and athletic, but it’s also a blend of urban, rural, and farm-to-table chic. It may be hard to define, but one thing is certain; this is not your average college town.
Leah McBride Mensching
1. Black, Gold And Hawkeyes All Over
2. It Has Suburbs, Too
3. It’s Well Read And It Knows How To Write
4. It’s Fresh and Local
5. Move Over Des Moines, We Were Here First
6. It Has Everything From Plastic Cups To Fine Stemware
7. You’re In Good Hands
8. Visit The Old World
9. It’s A Wind Power Pioneer
10. Drink Up; The Beer Is Local And Fresh
11. Get Ready To Stomp Some Grapes
12. It’s Home To The ‘Public Ivy League’
13. It’s Artsy
14. Your Dog Will Thank You
15. Jazz Is Hard To Define, But Easy To Enjoy
16. You’re Welcome For Ashton Kutcher
17. A Pioneer History With A Local Farm Future
18. It Elected The First Female Mayor
19. It’s Connected
20. Float, Boat Or Walk Alongside the River
21. Its Mall Isn’t Just A Mall
22. It Rises To The Top
23. It’s Run By A Bunch Of Kids
24. It’s A Pedestrian’s Paradise
25. There’s Always Green Space
26. A Museum More Than 400 Million Years In the Making
27. Wooly Mammoths Live Here, Too
28. It Serves Brunch In An Old Power Plant
29. It’s Presidential
30. It’s A Theatrical Gem
Another thanks to Movoto for sharing! See the original post at http://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/move-to-iowa-city/.